The collected works of Benjamin Hawkins, 1796-1810
- ISBN: 0817313672 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0817350403 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xxiv, 89j, 88s, 511 p. : ill., maps (1 folded) ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Tuscaloosa : The University of Alabama Press, c2003.
"The current volume contains a facsimile reprint of the original 'Sketch' (1848) and 'Letters' (1916) as published by the G[eorgia] H[istorical] S[ociety]. In addition, two previously unpublished journals are included ... constitute the complete works of Hawkins except for miscellaneous letters scattered in various archives"--Introd.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
A viatory or journal of distances and observations -- A sketch of the Creek country in the years 1798 and 1799 -- Letters of Benjamin Hawkins.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Hawkins, Benjamin, 1754-1816 > Correspondence.
Hawkins, Benjamin, 1754-1816 > Diaries.
Creek Indians > History > Sources.
Indians of North America > Government relations > 1789-1869.
Indian agents > Southern States > History > Sources.
- 2 of 2 copies available at State Library of Alabama.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.