Travels with George : in search of Washington and his legacy / Nathaniel Philbrick.
Written at a moment when America's founding figures are under increasing scrutiny, the author, retracing George Washington's journey as a new president through all thirteen former colonies, paints a picture of eighteenth-century America as divided and fraught as it is today.
- ISBN: 9780593460214 (paperback)
- ISBN: 0593460219 (paperback)
- Physical Description: xxi, 578 pages (large print) : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Edition: First large print edition.
- Publisher: [New York] : Random House Large Print, 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 471-548) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Loomings -- Mount Vernon -- "Wreaths and chaplets of flowers" -- New York -- Dreaming of George Washington -- "Only a man" -- Turf wars -- "A child of God" -- The middle road home -- The spies of Long Island -- Newport -- Providence -- Terra incognita -- The fellowship of the past -- "Follow the yellow brick road -- "Eleven o'clock Sunday morning -- "A cat may look on a king" -- Muddy freshets -- "The devil's own roads" -- Epilogue. The view from the mountain.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Large type books.
travelog (performed works genre)
Récits de voyages.
- 1 of 1 copy available at State Library of Alabama.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.